Thursday, August 29, 2013

Key to my Heart Stamp Carving

I am really starting to get the hang of Stampin' Up!'s Undefined Stamp Carving Kit!!! This time I decided not to trace anything and I am super pleased with how my carving turned out!!! 

I thought a Key stamp would be super cute on a card. I would love to say something corny like "You have the Key to my Heart" so I carved a key with the top of the key made out of a heart! I thought it would be even better if I could punch out the heart so I used the small heart punch to get me started. Unfortunately  after carving my stamp I realized the punch is backwards and I won't be able to actually punch out the centre of the key. If I were to do this again, I would have used the small heart framelit as my centre instead. However, I can still punch out a heart shape and put it in the centre to give the centre of the key a different color. I will show you what I mean when I can find more time to get into the craft room to actually create something. For now all I have to share is how my stamp turned out.




Happy Stamping!!!

1 comment:

  1. You do a great job carving stamps! The key is excellent! I'm going to have to give in and get some to play with I think!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete