Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Update and New Years Card

The first part of my blog today is more personal than normal. If you just want to see my latest creation scroll to the end of my blog.

Christmas this year wasn't anything I thought it would be.
We had my parents over for Christmas Eve but my mom wasn't feeling well and the energy in the house seemed very low. Then on Christmas Morning when I finally called my parents at 11:30am I woke my parents up. They never stay in bed past 8:00am but they were still sleeping. I told my mom to call me when she got up and was ready to have me come over. I never heard from her throughout the whole day and they didn't answer my phone call. My mom texted me later in the evening to say she was feeling "Bad very bad. I will talk to you in the morning." This meant I found myself alone all Christmas and eating Chinese take out with my partner when he got home from work.

Yesterday I got a text from my mom telling me not to come over because she didn't want anyone else to get what they have. I really wish I could talk to my parents but the minute I had on the phone with my mom on Christmas day she didn't sound good at all. I think I will go over to see them tomorrow even if they don't want me to. If they are both very sick who is there to take care of them? I feel helpless!!!

With all this happening I still feel like I should be making Christmas cards because we haven't had our Christmas yet. However, I know I need to move on. Since I didn't have time to send out any Christmas Cards I made a batch of New Years Cards for those who sent me a Christmas Card. Below is the card I came up with. I am not entirely thrilled with the results but the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

I hope you all had a great day shopping on Boxing Day! I took the day to relax and get a stack of these cards created.


To create the starburst technique follow the steps below in the photos.

Draw lines on the back of your paper, or on a scrap paper the same size as your DSP.
If you want to create a starburst like I did here use scrap paper and cut two pieces of DSP at the same time as you cut along the lines of your scrap.


As I mentioned above, cut along all lines you drew.





Once you cut your pieces align them on your paper and adhere.

If you used alternating DSP as I did in my other card it is easy to alternate the DSP to create two cards.




Stampset: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Staz On
Punches: 3/4" Circle, Hexagon
Bigshot: Starburst Framelits, Circle Card Thinlits Die (Star), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Tools: Magnetic Platform
Accessories:

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Avery. I'm so sorry your Christmas didn't turn out as you expected. I hope your parents get better soon and you can celebrate a late Christmas.

    ReplyDelete