Sunday, January 19, 2014

Owl Get Well Wishes PPA188

My sister and I are both sick and our misery together inspired me to create this card. I don't know if the Owl and the sentiment go together but it is exactly how I was feeling. I never knew my feelings could be expressed in my cards. 

I am going to be sending this card to my sister and since she loves Owls I know this card will brighten her day. 


The sketch I used to inspire this card was from Pals Paper Arts.





I couldn't decide which layout I liked better, what do you think?





Update: In my hast in getting this posted I forgot to give credit to Diana Gibbs for the original punch art owl inspiration. You can find her blog post here.

You can also follow me on pinterest to find many more punch art ideas.

Stampset: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Smokey Slate
Ink: Coastal Cabana
Punches: Word Window, Owl Builder Punch, Two Step Bird Builder, Scallop Edge Boarder
Bigshot: Chevron Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Starburst Framelits, Circle Framelits, Window Frames Collection Framelits
Tools: uni-ball Signo Gel Pen

6 comments:

  1. Love that cute owl! Beautiful colors! Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at PPA~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Avery! Great color combo and your owl is too cute! Hope you and your sister are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Avery! You totally captured the get well wishes with your under the weather owl! I love both sketches but really, really am taken with the Window Framed one on the bottom. I will save your sick owl design for a future get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avery, kept looking at this and just love it more and more...is little head feathers- genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both but the first is my favorite! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color choices! And that owl is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete