Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Catalogue CASE

I simply love how this card turned out. It is even more stunning in person. The best part is how super easy it was to create!

First I went to the catalogues for inspiration. This card was from a catalogue a few years ago, I believe (created this card a few weeks ago. Sorry for the lack of information).

I stamped the background with the Positively Chevron background stamp. Next I stamped the Birthday image in smokey slate then cut it out with the framelits. I then paper pierced around the circle and adhered it to the smokey slate circle. Then I adhered the circle to the card (no dimentionals were used in this card). Next you adhere the scalloped trim and then the ribbon. The flower was adhered with glue dots. Lastly I stamped and cut out the Happy Birthday using my markers and glued it on top of the basic grey sentiment.

The trick to the ribbon was to take a tiny bit of Crystal Effects to the end of the ribbon. This stops the ribbon from fraying and you don't have to wrap the ribbon around the card and have it show on the inside.


I hope you had a happy Monday!

Stampset: Delightful Dozen, Positively Chevron
Paper: Calypso Coral, Smokey Slate, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Basic Grey, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry
Punches: Scallop Edge Border
Bigshot: Circle Framelits, Floral Fusion Sizzlit
Tools: Paper Piercing Tool, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Stampin Pierce Mat, 
Accessories: Subtles Designer Buttons, Smokey Slate Chevron Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment