Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What to Say, but I love you!

I have been going back and forth for a few days now on what I should share about my weekend. I don't know who reads my blog and who I would be sharing my story with. I struggle because part of the story is mine to share but part of it is not. 

I spent last weekend visiting someone very close to me in the hospital. They spent the weekend in the hospital because the staff were trying to fit them in for emergency surgery (all this was very fast and no one expected them to be in the hospital). As it turns out the surgery they needed to schedule is much longer than they could fit in in an emergency. They got to go home on Sunday and I will be embracing every moment I get to spend with them up until March 3rd, when they have their surgery. 

I know they have an amazing chance of survival but somehow you can't help but wonder about the worst case scenario. However, in order to keep their sprits up I created a card for them. I can't stop looking at the photo of this card as it makes me smile. 

Thank you Debra Currier for the inspiration, I almost CASED your card completely.



As you will notice with the Just Sayin' stamp set the bubble and greeting doesn't actually look like that. What I did was used my markers on the stamp to get the bubble and then with my Stamp-a-ma-Jig and coloring the Love Ya I was able to get the different sentiment inside the bubble. This way the pointy part of the bubble is facing the right way for the hedgehog.

Stampset: Just Sayin', Life in the Forest
Paper: Whisper White, Gumball Green, Strawberry Slush
Ink: Staz on, Basic Black Marker, Strawberry Slush Marker, Baked Brown Sugar Marker, Crumb Cake Marker
Punches: Heart Punch
Bigshot: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Accessories: Basic Rhinestone

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your loved one having to have an emergency surgery. I have 2 friends that have had to do this recently, and their recovery time has been slow and pain-filled, but both were pretty dramatic surgeries and the success rate for one was pretty low, and they are living proof that a person can recover from such a thing. This card you made would make anyone smile. I am interpreting it to be a hedgehog, which are one of my favorite stamped animals next to owls any day. Anyways, thank you again for your sweet comment on my unicorn card. I really loved that sketch as it provided me a way to break out my barely used but much loved spellbinder oval dies. :) Have a great rest of your week. Good luck for your loved one.

    ReplyDelete