Friday, May 30, 2014

FM 162 Moving Element and Stripes

I just love when a challenge comes up with The Friday Mashup and it aligns perfectly with something I have been wanting to do. A long time ago I seen a card that mimics the viewfinder toy I used to play with as a kid. When the challenge came to make a card with moving parts I thought the viewfinder card would be perfect. Sadly I don't have a current stamp set that would work for the card, but I did find a perfect retired stamp set to use. 

I LOVE this card and want to make a bunch more!

Here's your challenge this week at The Friday Mashup:
1. Create a card that has a moving or removable piece
2. Create a project with stripes
3. Mash it up and create a project with strips that has a moving or removable piece 





Instead of posting the same picture over and over with a different image in the view finder I took a photo you see below. 

Can you imagine how much fun this card is to play with?



Stampset: Petite Pairs, Work of Art, Baby Bundle (retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Ink/Markers: Staz On, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake
Punches: 1-1/4" Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1-3/4" Circle, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Bigshot: Circle Framelits
Tools: Piercing Pad, Paper Piercer
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Subtles Candy Dots, Candy Dot Brad Bases

9 comments:

  1. How cute! What a fun card this would be to make with a class! I know they'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: May I ask the size of the large spinner circle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy. Thank you for commenting on my card! I used the largest regular circle in the circle framlits collection. If you are looking for a tutorial google viewmaster card Dawn Olchefske it was very easy to follow.

      Delete
  3. Avery- fantastic! This is so cute, and I agree with Sandy- great class card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great card class, actually very simple to re-create!!!

      Delete
  4. What a take on that inspiration photo! Love the interactive element - such a surprise for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too sweet, Avery! Great card for the challenge this week (and perfect stamp set too!). I have yet to try making one of these, but I'm thinking it's just about time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love the different images on the spinner!

    ReplyDelete